1½ cups sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2¾ cups flour
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
1 quart ice cream, vanilla or caramel
1. Beat softened butter and sugar on medium speed until fluffy.
2. Add in eggs, one at a time, beating after each one.
3. Add in vanilla and beat for a moment to incorporate.
4. Mix flour, cream of tartar, salt, and baking soda in a separate bowl. Slowly add the dry flour mixture to your batter continually beating.
5. Combine cinnamon and sugar in small bowl or cup.
6. Pinch very small dime sized balls of dough and roll in cinnamon sugar mixture until fully covered.
7. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for about 5 minutes on 350 degrees.
8. Let cookies completely cool on drying racks. Take out the ice cream to soften while cookie cool.
9. Then take softened ice cream and spread onto one cookie and press second cookie on top of ice cream. Or if you'd like to have cookie sandwiches on a stick, insert a lollipop stick into the ice cream before placing the second cookie. You will want to keep these in the freezer until time to eat!
Source: Lovin' From the Oven