This simply means Oil and Garlic Sauce. It is one of those dinners my grandma used to make for me and my cousins every time we came over. It was quite possibly my favorite as kid and is still a staple in our household! It's simple and so delicious! And you can make the whole recipe in under ten minutes! This recipe is courtesy of Grandma A. I made it with grilled chicken today and it was so yummy!
Aglio e Olio Sauce
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
5 or 6 cloves of garlic
1/4 tsp dried peperoncino flakes
salt and pepper to taste
2 tbsp Italian parsley
1 cup Pecorino Romano
1. Boil a large pot of salted water. Add your favorite pasta. I'm partial to lingiuni, spaghettini, or perciatelli.
2. Spoon a few tbsps of olive oil in a large skillet and squeeze garlic cloves through a garlic press and add into the skillet. Simmer on medium-low heat for a minute or two. The garlic will be slightly golden brown. Be sure to stir and not let the garlic burn.
3. Add in the peperoncino flakes, a little salt and fresh ground black pepper.
4. Add in 2 cups of water from the pot of boiling pasta and water. Heat on medium-high for about 4 more minutes, stirring occasionally. The sauce will reduce during the time. Let sit on very low heat until the pasta is al dente.
5. Using tongs remove the cooked pasta and place in the skillet with sauce. Toss gently.
6. Mix in chopped parsley and Pecorino cheese. Remove from heat and eat!