These fajitas are great because you throw the steak and marinade in the frig the day before and then cook it and make fajitas the next day. Such a simple dinner that has lots of flavor!
2 lb top round steak (london broil)
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup worchestershire sauce
1/4 soy sauce
2 tbsp molasses
1 tsp sea salt
2 tsp fresh cracked pepper
3 tsp garlic powder
3 tsp sweet paprika
2 tsp liquid smoke
1 cup Cheddar cheese
1 Cubanella pepper
1 Sweet red pepper
1 Orange Pepper
1 Habanero Pepper
1 small shallot
Corn oil for frying
1. Mix all marinade ingredients minus steak in a large ziploc bag.
2. Pound steak with meat mallet and make shallow diamond cuts on the meat surface.
3. Add steak into marinade bag and refrigerate in a shallow pan for 6-24 hours.
4. Broil on middle rack of oven on medium low for 7-9 minutes per side.
5. Let rest after cooking and then slice.
6. While broiling the steak, slice peppers and shallot. Fry in a pan with a tbsp or two of corn oil.
7. Time for the easy part: to build our fajitas! Take your tortilla and add in sliced steak, grilled peppers, and cheese. Wrap and enjoy!