Wednesday, September 15, 2010
Banana Raisin Bread
Banana bread is a great comfort dessert or snack for any day of the week! My husband loves it for a quick morning breakfast on weekdays before work! Enjoy this simple and tasty recipe!
3 Bananas, well-ripened
1 cup of sugar
1/3 cup corn oil
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cup raisins
2 cups water (for soaking raisins)
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
1. Heat water to a boil in microwave or on stovetop. Turn off heat and add raisins. Set aside for about 15 minutes.
2. In a large bowl, mash the bananas with a potato masher.
3. Mix all other ingredients together. Stir until well combined.
4. Remove plumped raisins from water and pat dry with paper towels. Fold into batter.
5. Pour into a loaf pan and bake at 350 for one hour and fifteen minutes.
6. Let cool, slice and enjoy!