I made a bunch of dips and appetizers for various Thanksgiving dinners we enjoyed this past weekend. It was great; I got out with all the easy cooking. No cooking turkey, or stuffing, or sides even! Just the fun stuff, appetizers and desserts, more of which I will be sharing soon! Oh yeah, and the lasagna too! The dips were accompanied by my Cornucopia made of Dough, Stuffed Mushrooms Parmigiana , some crackers and cut up veggies. The biggest hit of all the dips by far and above was the Buffalo Chicken Dip, taken from a great website, Prevention RD. It's spicy, creamy, and oh so good!
8 oz Neuftchatel Cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup fat free ranch dressing
1/3 Franks' Red Hot Buffalo Sauce
2 tbsp water
1 1/2 cup cooked chicken breast, shredded
4 oz Colby Jack cheese
4 oz Mild Cheddar Cheese
2 tbsp scallions, chopped
1. Beat cream cheese on medium speed until smooth and soft.
2. Add in ranch dressing, buffalo sauce, and water and continue to beat.
3. Stir in shredded chicken and cheeses.
4. Spread into a pie plate and loaf pan and bake at 350 for about 30 minutes.
5. Stir in chopped scallions and serve warm with celery, breadsticks, or anything else you like spicy!