Tuesday, August 16, 2011
Well, the home renovation projects are underway! Life is busy and fun right now, but with all the craziness going on, it's been a quick cooking month. Here is one of my favorite easy sweet treats with fresh summer stone fruit. And it's so simple to switch out peaches to use your favorite stone fruits.
1 pkg frozen puff pastry dough, divided (or you can make your own,which is on my to-do list)
3-4 peaches, pitted and sliced thin with skin on
3 tsp rum extract, divided
3 tsp vanilla extract, divided
3 tsp cinnamon, divided
1/2 cup sugar, divided
1 tsp salt, divided
*Makes 3 tarts*
1. Allow the frozen puff pastry to thaw slightly (about 30 minutes or until pliable). Unroll the dough and cut it into thirds.
2. Roll each piece of dough out until about 1/8" thick. Transfer to baking sheet.
3. Layer the sliced peaches on the center of the dough in rough rows, leaving about an inch of dough around the exterior.
4. Fold up the sides lengthwise and then fold up the top and bottom edges. Repeat with remaining dough and peaches.
5. Sprinkle a few tablespoons sugar, 1 tsp cinnamon,a pinch of salt, 1 tsp vanilla and rum extract over each tart.
6. Bake in a 400 degree oven for 18-20 minutes or until puff pastry is golden brown. Serve with fresh whipped cream for a yummy dessert!
Source: adapted from Veggie Belly
Also featured on: Made From Scratch Tuesdays, Mangia Monday, and Southern Fairytale