My husband wanted an omelet this morning, so I decided to make an Italian spin on it. I whipped up these frittatas for him and he was, well, thrilled. But that's my husband. Hope you enjoy these as much as he did!
The best part of a frittata is that it is customizable! If you like lots of vegetables, throw them in! If you like lots of meats, (pancetta, proscuitto, bacon, ham) go for it! Anything you want, you can make!
6 slices of bacon (chopped)
1 pepper (sliced)
1/2 onion (sliced)
2 small potatoes (shredded)
3 cloves of garlic (chopped or pressed)
3/4 cup mozzarella (shredded)
4 tbsp pecorino
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 tsp oregano
just a pinch rosemary
fresh basil (chopped)
1. Saute onions, potatoes, garlic, bacon, and peppers in a skillet over medium-low heat until tender (about 10 minutes). Set aside.
2. Beat eggs, heavy cream, salt, pepper, oregano, basil, and rosemary together in a separate bowl.
3. Grease muffin pans and preheat oven to 375 degrees.
4. Layer each cup with a few tablespoons of vegetables and potato mixture (about half way full).
5. Top with a few tablespoons of eggs mixture. Tap the pan so it spreads evenly and then bake for 18-20 minutes.