This is quick and simple variation of my cheesecake recipe made into cute little sandwiches. It's very easily adaptable to your own tastes. I'm a fan of chocolate chip cookies (the chewy kind) and Oreo's too! The only way to improve on this recipe would have been to have my own chocolate chip cookies or be really brave and make my own Oreos. Someday...
But for now, please enjoy these yummy handheld snacks! They are a perfect kid-friendly version of cheesecake!
1 1/2 lbs cream cheese
1 1/3 cups sugar
5 large eggs
16 ounces sour cream
1/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoons lemon juice
1 package of chewy chocolate chip cookies
1 package of Oreos (or any other cookies you like)
1. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy.
2. Add sugar and continue beating on low.
3. Add eggs one a time and keep on low speed.
4. Add flour, lemon juice, and vanilla.
5. Stir in sour cream.
6. Place cupcake liners in pan. Put one half of an oreo(icing side up) or chocolate chip cookie(flat side facing up) in each liner.
7. Spoon cheesecake filling on top till just about full.
8. Top with corresponding cookie to finish.
9. Bake on 325 for 15 minutes.
10. I also took used some chopped Oreos as topping and some combined in the filling for a slightly different approach in some sandwiches.