Friday, February 25, 2011

I'm Back to Blogging!

Hello Readers! I'm back! I apologize for the brief hiatus here. I still love my blog and readers, and I will continue to update it as much as possible. Sometimes life can be full of unexpected occurrences and you never know when they will arise. My grandmother was diagnosed with cancer earlier this year. It was a big surprise, not the good kind unfortunately, but we all have high hopes for her recovery and are doing our best to help her through this time. I appreciate any and all thoughts and prayers for my Grandma.

No worries though, I'm still cooking and baking when I get the chance and have a few overdue recipes to share with you. Please excuse the forthcoming posts with events and recipes from earlier months and occasions. Just a quick update about the past month or so. My hubby and I are hoping and praying to own a home in the near future! I can't wait to be have more space and a larger kitchen wouldn't be upsetting either. We are waiting to see what happens and will be sure to share info with you all once everything is finalized! My grandma finished her first round of radiation and we are waiting on some scans to verify how effective the treatment was. She's anxious about the further treatments and we hope the scans will bear good news. My wonderful hubby and I celebrated our two year anniversary quite recently as well. He's so good to me! He brought me home daffodils to plant at our new home (fingers crossed) and gorgeous lilies! I made him pappardelle topped with alfredo sauce and grilled chicken and followed that with waffles for dessert topped with ice cream, sauces, and berries. And I'm thankful for having readers enjoy my ramblings and recipes for one year via this blog! I'm hoping to have belated blogiversary post in the next month with a favorite family recipe I've been excited to share. More posts soon to come!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Sorry to hear about your grandmother. Happy belated Anniversary too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back! I'm sending prayers for a speedy recovery for your Grandmother! I'll be looking forward to your posts (the cupcakes already made me drool:)

    ReplyDelete