Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Bailey's Irish Cream


In honor of St. Patrick's Day, I wanted to make something Irish, especially since hubby is Irish and loves, well, all things edible. These two ideas collided and out came, Bailey's Irish Cream. Irish cream is great as a drink, but also a great addition to baking and cooking. Plus, it contains two of the best flavors, chocolate and coffee. Who doesn't love that? It almost tricks you into thinking it's a dessert in itself!



1 tsp instant espresso granules
1 1/2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp powdered sugar
3/4 cup heavy cream, divided
3/4 cup milk
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 Tbsp honey
1 1/2 cups Irish whiskey
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

1. In a small bowl, mix together the espresso, cocoa powder, cinnamon, powdered sugar, and 3 tbsp of heavy cream. Stir until dissolved and set aside.

2. Pour all the remaining ingredients into a large bowl including the cocoa espresso mixture.

3. Use an immersion blender to incorporate all ingredients together for 20-30 seconds until your mixture is smooth. If you do not have an immersion blender a traditional blender on pulse or puree will work as well.

4. Pour it into your favorite sealable containers. Let the drink sit overnight for all the flavors to blend together.

5. Be sure to give it a good shake before using and enjoy your homemade Irish cream for up to 2 months. Store in refrigerator.


Source: 6 Bittersweets


Also Featured: Tasty Tuesdays and Tempt my Tummy Tuesday

7 comments:

  1. You made your own Bailey's Irish Cream?!?! Get out! I love it!! Definitely need to bookmark this. I love that stuff! :)
    Brandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Italian and Irish together? :) What a great combo, and I'm sure your home is filled with great food, love, and laughter!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Baileys at home? I think I just died, in only the best way!! Well, you got me sold and I'm totally following what you whip up next! All the best ~Megan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the idea! Love the recipe! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great! I never thought about making it myself. I will share this with my mother since she loves this kind of drinks. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad this turned out well for you!!

    ReplyDelete