Monday, May 16, 2011

Still standing...





Hello readers! It's been a sad and busy week for us. I apologize for my lack of posting. This month already has proved to be challenging. The month began pleasantly anticipating the usual May fun of my birthday and Mother's day. I also, began planning for the 2011 Bloggers Bake Sale to support Share Our Strength in the fight against childhood hunger. However, life switched paces quickly as my grandma's cancer worsened and she was placed into hospice care and moved in with my family. We tried our best to make her comfortable, and to spend as much time as we could with her. Unfortunately, she grew weaker by the day and lost her battle with cancer on May 13. Her services will be held this week, so I won't be posting much until after then. She was a beautiful woman inside and out, as you can see from these photos. Thank you for all the prayers and kind words. My family greatly appreciates it!



On a positive side note, the bake sale was a huge success! I will share a post later this week with recipes, photos, and details surrounding the bake sale! Thanks to all those helped me with the bake sale during this hectic, saddening time. Thanks to Donna, from My Tasty Journey, and Melissa and Danielle from Jersey Bites, for all their hard work baking sweet treats for the bake sale! I couldn't have done it without, especially during this time for my family! Your generosity was so appreciated!!


2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful tribute to your Grandmom. I'm sure she is proud and smiling. My condolences to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry for the loss of someone so important to you. This is my first visit here and I took some time to explore your site. I'm so glad I did that. You've created a great spot for your readers to visit and I enjoyed the time I spent here. I'll definitely be back. I hope you have a great day. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete