1 batch of vanilla dry cake mix
3/4 cup water
2 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup softened butter
For icing and decorating:
12 oz cream cheese
1 1/2 cups butter
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
10 oz coconut
green food coloring
1.In a large mixing bowl, take your cake mix and add in 3/4 cup water, 2 tsp vanilla, 1/2 cup softened butter, and 3 eggs.
2. Combine well and pour into two 8" round cake pans with parchment. *You only need one 8" cake, but the recipe makes two, so you will have an extra round cake.* Bake on 350 degrees until toothpick comes out clean, for about 20-25 mins.
3.While the cake is baking, make frosting by beating the butter, cream cheese, and vanilla together. Add in sugar and continue beating until light and fluffy. Set aside in refrigerator.
4. Let cake cool and then remove from pans. Take one of the round cakes and cut in the half. Then stand them up vertically, side by side, so it is shaped like a half circle.
5. Using a sharp knife, cut and remove a small "v-shaped" section of cake to form two humps (head/body). Take the piece of removed cake and round it. Place at the back for a tail.
6. Take a portion of coconut and mix with a few drops of green food coloring for the grass.
7. Frost entire cake and gently press white coconut all around cake and sprinkle green colored coconut around the cake, on the base. Press two black jelly beans into the face for eyes and an orange one for a nose. Toss a few jelly beans around the cake in the green coconut grass.
8. I made ears from a plain piece of paper cut into bunny ear shape and covered the bottoms in foil. Insert paper ears behind the head. (I believe I made the ears a bit too big, so next time I'll try for a little smaller.)