Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Potato Skins Two Ways
I am in love with potato skins. They are just all the good tasting, unhealthy things I love rolled into one, so what's not to love. And I recently discovered that they are not too hard to make either. Give these a try and you'll love 'em!
1 dozen potatoes
8 oz cheddar or pepper jack cheese
5 or 6 strips of bacon, precooked and crumbled
2 tbsp oil
1. Boil potatoes in hot water for about 15 minutes, then remove and cool.
2. Cut the potatoes in half and use a melon baller or small cookie scoop to make a cavity.
3. Heat oil in a rimmed baking sheet in a 425 degree oven for a few minutes to warm.
4. Place potatoes skin-side up for 20 minutes, then flip over and cook another 10 minutes.
5. If you want traditional potato skins, use cheddar or for some extra spice use pepper jack cheese. Fill cavity with cheddar or jack cheese and bacon crumbles.
6. Bake for another few minutes until the cheese melts and serve warm with sour cream on the side.