So therefore I need to have all portable, easy to grab and eat while driving type foods for his breakfast. It does limit many of the classic breakfast foods. Since he's a huge fan of banana bread, I decided to try this muffin variation on classic banana raisin bread, which usually gets sliced and put into individual baggies. It's definitely easier to pop in your mouth while holding a steering wheel. My husband also really loved the cinnamon sugar crusty tops. Hope this makes your breakfast commute a lil easier!
3 Bananas, well-ripened
1 cup of sugar
1/3 cup corn oil
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
2 tsp cinnamon
1 1/2 cup raisins
2 cups water (for soaking raisins)
1/2 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
3 tbsp butter
3 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup sugar
1. Heat 2 cups of water in microwave or stove top. Add in raisins and set aside to plump.
2. Mash bananas in a large bowl and add all other ingredients.
3. Remove raisins from water and pat dry. Gently fold raisins into batter.
4. Fill muffin tins, lined with wrappers or greased with cooking spray. Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
5. Melt butter in microwave. Pour sugar and cinnamon into a separate small bowl.
6. Dip the cooled muffins into the butter and then immediately into cinnamon sugar. Eat hot or cold, either way they are great!