Monday, March 29, 2010
Cheesecake with Strawberry Reduction
Cheesecake with Strawberry Reduction (taken from Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake)
2 cups graham crackers
2 tsps cinnamon
2 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp butter (melted)
1 1/2 lbs cream cheese
1 1/3 cups sugar
5 large eggs
16 ounces sour cream
1/4 cup flour
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoons lemon juice
1. Crush graham crackers.
2. Mix with all crust ingredients. Press into bottom of a 9" springform pan.
3. In a mixing bowl, beat softened cream cheese till fluffy.
4. Add sugar and continue beating on low.
5. Add eggs one a time and keep on low.
6. Add flour, lemon juice, and vanilla.
7. Add sour cream. Mix to incorporate all ingredients.
8. Pour into springform and bake on 325 for 1 one hour and fifteen minutes.
9. After done baking, open oven door and let cool in oven. Transfer to fridge after completely cool.
10. Wash strawberries and cut off tops. Arrange onto of cheesecake.
11. Drizzle strawberry reduction.
10 strawberries (diced)
1 1/2 cups water
3 tbps sugar
1. Boil water, sugar, and strawberries.
2. Use a masher to break apart the strawberries once they have simmered about 5-8 minutes.
3. Continue stirring and cook for 10 more minutes. Be sure to keep smashing the strawberry pieces occasionally while cooking.
4. When it reaches desired thickness, take off heat and plunge into a cold water bath.
5. Top and serve with cheesecake (or ice cream, strawberry shortcake, any other dessert you like!)