1 1/2 pkg of mini pie shells
3 cups whole milk
3/4 cup white sugar
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 egg yolks, slightly beaten
2 tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon vanilla
5 oz semisweet choc chips
1 tbsp butter
1. Bake a pie shells according directions on package on a cookie sheet.
2. Scald the milk in a large pot.
3. Combine the sugar, flour and salt in a separate pot.
4. Gradually stir in the scalded milk. Continue stirring until thickened.
5. Cover and cook for a few more minutes.
6. Beat three egg yolks in a separate bowl. Temper with some of the hot milk mixture. Add egg mixture into the pot.
7. Cook another minute to combine. Remove from heat.
8. Stir in butter and vanilla.
9. Let cool to room temperature.
10. Heat chocolate chips in double boiler or microwave. Add butter and stir.
11. Plop one tbsp on chocolate into each pie shell.
12. Slice bananas and place one on top of the chocolate.
13. Stir bananas into banana cream.
14. Pour into shells and keep refrigerated.
15. Serve with whipped cream.