I apologize for my absence this past week or so, but don't worry it's for good reason... I have an announcement to make.
We are home owners!
Hubby and I bought our first house last week and it has been a crazy few months trying to get everything finished up. We are super excited and ready to tackle the new and fun challenge of owning a home! There is some construction that needs to be done still so we won't be moving in for a little while, but our weekends are happily full of sledge hammers and dumpsters! My hubby teases it's our home away from home since we aren't staying there yet. I can't wait to fully move in ! I'll be sure to keep updating throughout the process. Ah, my very own kitchen... Soon!
These cookies were a variation of the usual vanilla and almond version. I've been playing with different flavors recently and trying to new variations of my usual sugar cookie recipe. I truly loved this one! It was different and the lemon was a great addition!
Lemon And Vanilla Cookies
2 sticks unsalted butter, room temp
1 cup powdered sugar
2 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1 tsp Madagascar bourbon pure vanilla powder
Zest of half a lemon (or the zest of a whole lemon, if you love lemon)
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1. In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and powdered sugar on medium until smooth, about 1-2 minutes.
2. Add in the egg, vanilla extract, vanilla powder, and lemon zest until blended.
3. Next, pour in the flour and salt on low speed just until incorporated.
4. Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate the dough until chilled and firm(about 2 hours).
5. Line baking sheets with parchment paper. Roll the dough out between two lightly floured pieces of wax paper to about ¼-inch thickness.
6. Cut with cookie cutters and transfer to the prepared baking sheets.
7. Bake on 375 for 8-10 minutes, rotating the sheets halfway through baking, until fully cooked but not at all browned.
8. Allow to cool on the baking sheet 5 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
Source: Annie's Eats
Also featured on: Tempt my Tummy Tuesday and Tasty Tuesday