Wednesday, March 3, 2010

The Cat's Red and White Hat Cake




March 2nd was Dr. Seuss' birthday, so my kindergarteners and I made Cat in the Hat's Hat Cake. It came out quite cute; I wanted to take more pictures, but I was busy helping my students. Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss!!! We also made the Pink Yink's ink. It came out great, but the kids liked the cake much better.

Ok, this is the simplest recipe ever.

Get a cookie (sugar would be ideal since they are white but I couldn't find any so we used snickerdoodles).

Put a tiny dollop of white icing on top to hold the cake on tightly.

Bake 2 strawberry cake mixes in a large jelly roll pan and 2 white cake mixes in the same manner. The cakes should be only about 1 - 1 1/2 inch high.

Ice the strawberry sheet cake with strawberry or pink dyed vanilla icing. Ice the white sheet cake with vanilla or cream cheese icing.

Take a round cookie cutter with a diameter a bit smaller than the cookie and cut out the cake and stack.

Strawberry, then white, then strawberry, and then white.

Tada! The hat cake!

I didn't get the best pictures, but they looked so cute and all the kids loved them!



No comments:

Post a Comment